Island Explorer ATV Tour
ATV sizes: two-seater (to rent a four-seater, give us a call!)
- One Hour
- Two and a Half Hours
- 2.5 Hours
Explore the Forest and Wildlife of Chichagof on an ATV
Explore the majestic scenery of Hoonah, a once-thriving logging community on Chichagof Island that has miles and miles of logging roads winding through the towering rainforest. Set out on a rugged adventure unique to this island!
Wildlife abounds on the island. It is not uncommon to see eagles soaring above. Deer and brown bears have also been seen on this self-guided tour. On your Hoonah vacation, go on an adventure you can’t find on other port in Alaska. Rent one of our ATVs and explore Chichagof Island!
Our state-of-the-art vehicles are legal to drive in downtown Hoonah and are registered with the State of Alaska. For your comfort and safety, we have equipped all of our vehicles with hardtops, full windshields, rear windows, full doors, seat belts, and front and rear bumpers.
What You Need to Know
- We can provide you with a map of the points of interest as well as maps with all the logging roads.
- Each booking is per vehicle.
- We are located in the middle of town, 1.5 miles from where your ship docks.
- There is a $5 round-trip shuttle from Icy Strait Point that gets you to town.
- All drivers and passengers must sign the waiver upon booking.
- All drivers must be at least 21 years of age and present a valid driver’s license.
- Any damage to the vehicles is charged to a credit card at the conclusion of the tour.